High utility bill?, frequent burning out of light bulbs? or experiencing overheating of electrical appliances? These are a few impacts of poor electrical installation. In such cases, the underlying cause may not be easily recognizable as these can occur due to a number of reasons. Therefore, employing a third-party inspection resolves this issue.
Care Labs offers a comprehensive testing and inspection service for your business to ensure all electrical installations are working safely and efficiently. This service comprises of checking the condition of electrical installations and equipment at your premises
What is a third-party certification?
Third party certification comprises of an assessment performed by an independent organisation declaring that the electrical installation complies with the codes and standards for safety, quality and performance.
The electrical condition installation report by third party company in the US includes comprehensive quality inspections, testing and adherence to the standards and regulations issued by National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
Performing a electrical condition installation report by third party company in the US not only ensures and assesses compliance of standards and regulations rather it also serves as an official declaration of conformity.
Importance of electrical condition installation report by third party company in the US?
Few factors that ensure an electrical installation is safe and offer reliable operation are:
- Procurement of quality equipment’s
- Electrical system must be designed efficiently
- The installation must adhere to the codes, standards and regulations
- The installation should be performed by qualified contractor
- Verification and testing must be performed throughout the process
- Proper documentation of all information regarding the installation for future needs.
If these basic requirements are not met instead, the installation is poorly designed and performed by unqualified contractor’s there is a high risk of electrical hazards.
Thus, it is a wise choice to get a third-party certification before you incur a personal or financial loss due to a poorly installed electrical system.
Why do companies seek electrical condition installation report by third party company in the US?
- To demonstrate validation and verification of their commitment to safety and quality
- To demonstrate compliance with national and international standards of the country
- To increase dependability and acceptance with consumers, retailors and regulators.
What are the types of certifications provided by third party inspectors?
Third party inspectors offer 4 types of certifications which are as follows –
- Electrical Installation Certificate:
Electrical Installation certificate involves carrying out electrical inspection services on electrical installations to evaluate their safe operation, efficiency and compliance to the regulations and standards laid out by the regulatory authority.
- Periodical Test, Inspection & Report
Periodical test, inspection and report involves testing the existing electrical installation for any damages and faults that needs to be addressed and are primarily caused due to aging.
- Minor Works Certificate
This certification issued for minor works such as the replacement of an accessory. A minor works certificate cannot be issued for the provision of a new installation.
- Competency Certification
This certificate issued guarantees that the individuals performing the assessments are capable of conducting the assessments in a safe manner and with complete knowledge of the electrical hazards involved.
Key benefits of getting a electrical condition report by company like Care Labs:
- Conformity assessment is independent: Third party certifiers deliver an impartial review of product safety and performance which is free from internal company pressures and commercial demands of the marketplace. This guarantees that the installation meets the specified requirements to which they are being evaluated.
- Third party certifications are cost effective
- Assures safety: Design engineers design equipment’s that performs well but may not comply with standards laid out for safety and environmental regulations. However, initial verification and testing, coupled with inspections from the manufacturer prior to certification by a third party ensures that the manufacturer is capable of meeting the requirements.
- Assures reliability: Third parties have a higher expertise and experience in providing the service and can certify efficiently than manufacturers.
- Increased dependability and acceptance with consumers, retailors and regulators
- Offers manufacturing and liability protection
Independence, safety, cost effectiveness, reliance, manufacturing and liability protection are few securities assured by third party certification.
Care Labs provides you services like electrical safety inspections, electrical system design simulations, power systems study & analysis and arc flash study & analysis, by following guidelines of NEC, NFPA, and OSHA std. in the United States.
We offer our services in California, New York, Illinois, Ohio, Texas, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Washington, Florida, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, New Mexico, Virginia, and all the major states and cities in the United States of America.
Contact us to get your EICR today!