Power System Study and Analysis in USA
All sorts of facilities-hospitals, corporate buildings, schools, and industries or commercial facilities, rely on reliable, and well-maintained electrical systems.
Even minor electrical interruptions or faults can have devastating effects such as extensive and expensive downtime of industry operations, damage of equipment due to a power outage, as well as the expense of repairing the electrical equipment.
There are numerous reasons within a power system, where the fault could occur. To increase your electrical system’s reliability, protect your equipment, and ensure personnel safety it’s necessary and optimal to have an electrical power system study & analysis by a qualified professional.
Care Labs is providing electrical installation study, testing, calibration, inspection, and certification services and offering professional power system analysis services.
The results of its focus are on cost reduction, increasing efficiency, reliability, and system maintainability improvement.
|Industry||Average downtime costs per hour|
|Petroleum / chemical||$87,000|
*Industrial productivity training manual, U.S. department of energy office of industrial technologies
What is a power system analysis?
Electrical power systems analysis contains, a group of studies to analyze the response of power systems to various events over different time periods- Static, dynamic, and transient.
The power system analysis provides you the necessary information to upgrade and maintain your power distribution. The goal of the study is to have an efficient and reliable power system under both normal and abnormal conditions.
The goals of power system analysis are:
- To model and to execute per phase analysis of power system components
- To monitor the voltage at different feeders, real and reactive power flow
- To plan the future expansion of the system
- To analyze the system under different fault Scenarios
- To design the Protective devices, as well as to explore the ability of the system to handle small and large disturbancesanalysis
Why Do You Need to Analyze Power System?
A power systems study & analysis includes various engineering analysis. The benefits of this study & analysis as follows:
- Increases operating reliability
- Increased equipment protection
- Increased personnel safety
- Reduced electricity bill
- Identify under-utilized equipment
- Aid in future expansion
- Increased operating efficiency
- Evaluates impact of adding new equipment
- Identify source of failures
Care Labs providing a wide range of study and analysis for your power system needs in accordance with NFPA 70E, IEEE 1584, and OSHA 1910.269. We are an authorized ETAP service provider and using this powerful power system transient analysis software tool to perform system study & analysis.
Our system studies focus on how to optimize the system performance and improving the security of the supply.
This service includes:
- Load Flow and Power Factor
- Short Circuit
- Transient Stability
- Power quality
- Harmonic Analysis
- Dynamic Motor Starting
- Protective Device coordination
- Earthing study
- Arc Flash Hazard Analysis
Power System Analysis Process:
- Data Collection
Complete and accurate data of the system to be analyzed is needed for system studies. Collection of data and calculations are done in compliance with the recommended practices set by standards such as IEEE 399,141 and 242.
- Modelling the power system using ETAP
Execute the data collected on ETAP software to develop understanding of power system network.
- Load Flow Analysis
Load flow study and analysis is important for exploring problems in power system operation and planning. It is used to find how your power system will function in both normal and emergency conditions. It will reduce your electric bill, aid in current operations and future planning, identifies overloaded equipment as well as under-utilized.
- Short Circuit Analysis
It is used to determine whether the interrupting capacities of the components are adequate enough to protect your electrical system.
- Arc Flash Analysis
It is performed to find the available arcing currents and arc flash hazards. It increases system reliability, ensure personnel safety and avoid upto $500,000 fine from OSHA for violations of arc flash regulations
- Stability Studies
- Study & analysis document review
- Briefing to the management
- Submitting draft report
- Submitting final report
Upon completion of the calculations and analysis, we will provide you a draft report for your review, during which your team can evaluate it.
On receiving approval, we will provide you a final report, which contains introduction, executive summary, overall single line diagram, observations and recommendations. The report will beat tested by our registered professional.
Benefits of availing Power System Study and Analysis from Care Labs:
- Get a single point of contact to answer all your queries throughout the project life cycle
- Offers highly skilled electrical engineers to carry out study and analysis services availed by you
- Achieve compliance with relevant regulations and standards in the US
- Meet employee/staff safety demands and demonstrate dedication to electrical safety
- Get a reliable and trustworthy report about your electrical system using industry-recognized eTAP software
- Care Labs detailed study and analysis report will assist your technicians to identify any damage or general wear and tear that could affect your safety
- Study and analysis report will also help to find any components that could cause electric shock or high temperatures that could result in fire
- Improve productivity of your business by reducing downtime due to electricity-related issues
- Discover and eliminate problems of your electrical infrastructure
- Reduce the risk of expensive litigation should a product cause injury
Enhance your electrical installation performance by periodically performing power system study and analysis.
Care Labs offer power analysis service to various industries including plants, retailers, traders, manufacturers, national and state governments, NGOs, and various other buyers & sellers in the global markets.
Power analysis services can be availed in New York, Ohio, Illinois, New Mexico, New Jersey, Texas, Georgia, Florida, Washington, California, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and all the major states and cities in the United States of America.
Protect your facility, personnel, equipment and business operations by availing our services. Please contact us to learn more about our power system study and analysis service.