Compliance can be difficult for retailers, especially for the ones who have large property portfolios scattered across diverse locations and with a wide range of statutory obligations. Electrical Safety Inspection & Audit of Electrical Installation, in particular, necessitates specialized knowledge and a rigorous approach to ensure compliance.
Our client, a prominent retail organization with over 50 branches in the UAE, was looking for a reliable compliance partner. This portfolio encompasses 23 locations, where an adequate electrical safety inspection, including risk assessments and audit of electrical installation, would be crucial to ensure the safety of employees and consumers. They approached Care Labs, experts in testing, inspection, and certification with a dedicated team of experts operating globally to assist them.
Care Labs offered our client a comprehensive compliance package that includes the physical inspection, thermography testing, earth test, and power quality analysis of panels. The client’s services are delivered by a team of skilled technicians that collaborate closely with the client’s on-site team to guarantee effective and proactive delivery.
Care Labs has been delivering comprehensive Electrical Safety Inspection services for the entire portfolio of locations as part of this solution for over five years, incorporating:
- Rigorous evaluations and assessments to identify potential electrical hazards.
- Inspecting the working environment, work processes, and facilities.
- Reviewing the specification, operation, and maintenance records of the protection system.
- Inspecting the installation for compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and standards.
- Maintaining a documented record of the plan of action.
- Proposing appropriate risk mitigation methods
Care Labs has executed over 20 projects for the client, assisting with programs around UAE, ranging from basic safety tests to major installation component replacement.
As part of this solution, Care Labs conducted a thorough risk assessment, after which the re-inspection and survey schedule were re-engineered to ensure that resources were targeted on the highest risk areas. Lower risk locations stayed compliant while being serviced at a lower cost.
This allowed us to show genuine cost savings as well as a demonstrable improvement in service at high-risk areas. We were also able to decrease re-inspection expenses by integrating these inspections with forthcoming Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM) inspections, obviating the need for a second visit.
Other benefits include:
- Complete assurance in all aspects of safety and reliability.
- Reduce the risk of expensive litigation should a product cause injury
- Reliable and trustworthy report about your electrical system using industry-recognized ETAP software
- Periodic risk assessments throughout the portfolio to identify the optimal use of resources in order to conserve energy.
- Cost savings are realized through the use of combined services and a risk-based approach for assessment.
Access to a comprehensive spectrum of compliance services with dedicated professionals.